- Lecture: Friday, April 9, 2010, 6:00 p.m. at Austin Speed Shop, 1414 S Lamar Blvd
- Opening: Friday, April 9, 2010, 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Luthers, 1200 South Congress Ave., Austin, Texas
- Exhibition runs April 10 through June 10 at Luther’s
- Luther’s is open to the public Monday-Saturday from 10:30 to 7:00, Sundays from 11:00 to 6:00
- Shop Website: http://www.thelutherstore.com/
We’re descending upon Luther’s in Austin for a high octane hoedown that rides the fine line between art, commerce, haute design and true dirt-under-the-fingernails craftsmanship. Hike your eyeballs on a fresh coat of hand-rubbed House Industries original art, finely tuned over-engineered consumer products and, for one night only, Angel Cruz’s incomparable C1932 Ford five-window coupe.
Help us kick off the exhibition with a short duh-sign lecture at the Austin Speed Shop, where we’ll break down our 17-year history of clutchless paradigm speed shifts. Angelo Cruz will also recount his gas pump-jockey dreams and how they manifested themselves into his C1932 Ford coupe. After skipping around a few oil puddles and sheet metal shavings, adjust your chin-stroke grease goatee for the short ride over to Luther’s on SoCo for the 7:30 exhibition opening.
Posted by Andy Cruz on March 30, 2010